1/2/13

Example of Multiple Roughs

While rummaging through my files I came upon a project I completed for a client back in the summer. This particular project was one of my more difficult tasks as I was very busy at the time working in an office. However, I hardly ever turn down paying jobs so I soldiered on. I was working with my Art director from Mcgraw Hill Ryerson, who I have been with since the grad show. Now she has her "higher-ups" too and the particular one who was in charge of this image was very specific in what they wanted and not open to much artistic interpretation. The rough process was a long one with many rejections and do-overs. You win some you lose some, am I right? Once the image was finalized I was so done I didn't even upload it to the blog. 
6 months later it doesn't look half bad. There is a bit of a rushed feeling that kind of works with the subject matter, (a couple feeling their war torn country). Anyway here are some of the roughs and the final piece. Thanks!











No comments:

Post a Comment